Wikinvest Wire


The Mess has Moved!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I've decided to get on with the change to the new blog - click on the image or the link below and you will be transported to the new digs (which look a lot like the old digs).


UPDATE (7/24/07): Posts specific to former Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan will continue to appear on this blog, below this redirection post, with comments turned off.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The change to the new blog comes with a host of mixed feelings, but I think in the long run I'll be a lot happier with the new name - hopefully only a few of you will mind and you'll get over it quickly.

Why the change?

Well, first, this URL and name are both way too long and I frequently have a hard time explaining what it's all about - after about two years, my Dad read something in the Philadelphia Inquirer about how former Fed chairman Alan Greenspan is being blamed for the current housing mess and asked if that's what I've been writing about for the last two years. I answered yes and then went on to explain about owners' equivalent rent in the inflation statistics and quickly lost him again, probably for another couple years.

Second, over time the content has shifted away from the original economics/financial bubble focus to include natural resource investments and references to the companion investment website Iacono Research. And now, since retiring from my career as a software engineer, an increasing amount of material appears on such diverse topics as pine trees, granite outcrops (not to be confused with granite counter tops), human interest stories, and more.

Anyway, those of you with blogs or websites that point here, I would greatly appreciate it if you would please update your links - I'll be sending out mail for those of you who need to be reminded.

For those of you who are displeased with this development, disappointed that, by being too far ahead of my time and too quickly bored with the name, my prescience will fail to be properly recognized, well, that's the way it goes.

Comments are turned off for this post - if you would like to register your approval or dissatisfaction with this change, please do so at the welcome post on Bad Macro.

IMAGE

  © Blogger template Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP