Wikinvest Wire

Taking a Break

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I'll be taking a break for a little while.

Earlier today, my doctor informed me that I'll require surgery in the next couple days to correct a condition that arose over the weekend. While the condition caused a good deal of concern and ongoing discomfort, I was thankful to learn that the surgery is routine - I should be back soon, as good as new.

While there is no "good time" for medical procedures such as this, the timing of this one is not all bad. As many of you have likely noticed, my heart really hasn't been in writing material for this blog lately - the sort of commentary that I enjoy writing has seemed somehow unimportant and inappropriate since Katrina hit the Gulf Coast last week.

Once things are more back to normal, with the Gulf Coast and my body, I expect to be back at it again with renewed vigor. The next six or eight months should be pretty exciting to watch as America and the rest of the world come to grips with the new realities that we all face - I expect to be here commenting on how we all cope with these new realities.

In the mean time, please feel free to peruse the archive or use the Google site search to find previous material that may be of interest. Two timeless posts that come to mind from back in May are This Explains a Lot and Where To From Here?

You'll be hearing from me soon.

11 comments:

David said...

Wishing you well. :-)

David

Anonymous said...

I wish you best of luck, a speedy recovery, and good health.

-Motts

The Prudent Investor said...

Wish you all the best. Will be missing your unique way of transforming big macroeconomic issues into a picture of our everyday's lives and what it means to all of us.

desi dude said...

get well soon. I miss your unique views/take on stuff

Anonymous said...

Good luck - come back soon

Steve Wilber said...

Come back to us soon, Tim. Your humorous and insightful posts will be missed while you're gone.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your surgery. And come back recharged with more insights and wisdom.

Anonymous said...

Come back soon. Your blog will be missed in the mean time.

Anonymous said...

Heal, damn it!

Tim said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I was hoping to have the surgery all done by now, but things are moving along slowly. Hopefully, everything will get taken care of in the coming week, and everything will be back to normal shortly thereafter.

Anonymous said...

Hope your surgery goes well and your recovery even better. :)

IMAGE

  © Blogger template Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP