Wikinvest Wire

The end of low prices ... again

Thursday, April 17, 2008

These days, inflation seems to strike almost everywhere and the companion investment website for this blog - Iacono Research - is no exception. Subscription rates are going up, but, unlike many other investment approaches, subscribers are making money this year.
It's been almost a year and a half since rates were last raised and, during that time, subscribers constructing an investment portfolio based on the model portfolio have come out way ahead.

I expect that to continue.

Interestingly, in the post announcing the last rate increase in November of 2006, the following comment was left:

Tim has not yet proven himself as an investment guru.
Housing has not crashed and commodities are not on fire ...
As I commented at the time, I have no desire to attain guru status, but it is worth noting that, in November of 2006, a barrel of oil cost under $60, gold sold for less than $625 per ounce, and the National Association of Realtors had just launched a national ad campaign claiming that it was "a great time to buy OR sell a home" - they were half right.

Wow, time really flies...

Anyway, after April 30th - less than two weeks from today - the one-year subscription rate will increase from $129 to $159 with a similar increase for the two-year rate, from $229 to $279.

If you want to have a look around over the next week or so, you may use the following free-trial account through April 26th:
  • Username: ftexp0426
  • Password: noaxoemo
The following chart was recently prepared for the Approach page at the investment site. The actual model portfolio has performed even better than the basic version shown below, which isn't too shabby either.

The investment service is now in its third year with the official anniversary of the public announcement coming next month on May 15th. I'll still be in the New York area after my speaking engagement at the Hard Assets Investment Conference so I may or may not be able to offer a "one-day only" special rate as I've done before on such occasions.

One last note - anyone requesting a FREE 30-DAY TRIAL on or before April 30th will be eligible for the current subscription rate for the duration of their free trial period.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

To learn more about investing in natural resources using commonly traded ETFs, stocks, and mutual funds, see this description at Iacono Research. Or, sign up for a free trial.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice results there tim..

Unknown said...

geez i am up 45% ytd wonder what I could charge

Anonymous said...

just 45%? I'm up 95%.

Tim said...

Man, you guys are good!

Anonymous said...

A question that occurs to me, not specifically for you but for all research services -- if your performance is so solid, why don't you start a mutual fund?

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass about this. Are there significant barriers to entering the mutual fund field? Is there more $ in just running a research service? Or would the performance results not be reproducible in a mutual fund?

Tim said...

A number of people have asked me that same question lately. The short answer is that I'm basically retired and don't need the money or want the hassle of running a full-time business where I have overhead to cover and employees to pay.

I said I'd look into what's involved with managing money and I suppose I'll do that someday out of curiosity but, from what I understand, there are a fair number of barriers to entry that would take all the fun out of it for me. If anyone has any info to share on that subject, please leave a comment or send mail.

We like going camping mid-week twice a month during the summer and taking off for two or three weeks at a time whenever we feel like it. Besides, I figure there are a lot of people out there just like me who would appreciate my point of view.

IMAGE

  © Blogger template Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP