Wikinvest Wire

An odd sight at USA Today

Monday, October 20, 2008

Look what popped up at USA Today when one of those annoying ads encroached into what is normally a content area of the website.

Presumably these ads are effective since they have continued to spread like a virus on the internet over the last year or so (it is particularly bothersome when one actually prevents you from clicking on something underneath it, sometimes taunting you by receding and then jumping back out when you get near your target).

I don't know about you, but every time one gets in front of me, I make a mental note not to buy anything from that company. Anyway, it made for a funny image.

IMAGE

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I still think that your policy not to do business with the pop up window pushers is a good one.....I can't help but think that thats an inadvertent improvement.

Anonymous said...

Switch to firefox and use the adblock plus add-in. No more annoying ads.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Tim. This has been happening a lot lately at the online version of my city's newspaper, The San Diego Union-Tribune. Although I am interested in it, I am not going to see the movie "W" because of this.

IMAGE

  © Blogger template Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP