Wikinvest Wire

Be careful what you wish for?

Friday, January 08, 2010

The really bad combined news in the most recent labor market report and job satisfaction surveys is that, even if you're able to find a job, you probably won't like it.


I remember during my brief stint as an engineering manager (up to 22 people at one time) when a six inch stack of resumes would be piled on my desk and I'd have to sift through them. Hopefully, by now, everything is electronic or the piles would be many times that high.

Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Coach CJ said...

Indeed they are electronic piles. I was helping a startup which put a job for a programmer on one of the online services. Over 1,200 applications came in. We had to screen them all. Your six-inch stack of resumes would have been a lot less work.

IMAGE

  © Blogger template Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP