Wikinvest Wire

Is anyone watching this?

Thursday, May 01, 2008

While it is understandable that former peddlers of subprime mortgages and their ilk must do something for a living, must they do this? The idea of them moving like hungry locusts toward unwitting senior citizens who simply want to put food on the table, pay their utility bills, and pay for their meds just makes my stomach turn.

SPAM like this continues to show up in my inbox - I'm guessing that regulators have no clue how quickly septuagenarians are being fleeced every day.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bruce and Harriet Nyborg.

Anonymous said...

I could have sworn there was something in the Constitution about a right to privacy. How do we get it back? Especially where others can't profit on it?

Dan said...

I am sick. When my mother was dying, I spent every waking moment by her bedside, the bulk of the work I did was not tending to her needs, but fending off the vultures.... I hate this shit.... capitalism be damned... I hate this shit.

staghounds said...

Put that coffee down. Coffee's for closers only.

Anonymous said...

Robbers go to where the money is and seniors as a class are sitting on trillions of dollars of paid-off property values, just waiting to be looted.

I researched rev mos a couple of years ago for my Mom . . . not a horrible deal for her but the substantial up-front fees and compounding interest, both on that and the actual equity draw outs, would totally screw inheritors (ie. me and sis).

As an alternative I just added her to my Mastercard and sent her a card in her name.

Anonymous said...

A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Closing. Always be closing! ALWAYS BE CLOSING!

IMAGE

  © Blogger template Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP