Wikinvest Wire

Uh ... my index went up

Friday, March 13, 2009

While visiting Southern California last weekend, I was fortunate enough to have a game with some old golf buddies in Ventura County. I had played only once in the last four months and infrequently over the last two or three years, but that didn't stop me from raising a few eyebrows at the start.
IMAGE My index had risen from about eight a few years back to 13 while playing at the golf course across the street, but I don't think the rest of the foursome believed that for a minute after the first three holes.

There's just something about "2's" on a scorecard that keeps you coming back...

Unfortunately, I missed three five foot putts over the last five holes and went from one-under to four-over in the process. A score starting with an "8" would have been good enough for me, but it turned out to be a good deal lower.
IMAGE If I do happen to get down that way again for another round, they'll probably want me to play as something below a 13 index.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandbagger!

DCH said...

Just promise us that you won't give up blogging and join the pro tour.

Shawn said...

Did you play from the white box?

Tim said...

Yes - my first time on this course with the four new holes.

IMAGE

  © Blogger template Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP