Wikinvest Wire

And ... we are back

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Right up until the time that we talked to a young lady in Bismarck, North Dakota who had just returned from a 9,000 mile journey around the country - to Maine, Florida, Arizona, Washington, and back - we thought our 7,000 mile road trip was quite a feat.

Oh well, it's all relative.
IMAGE We are back from our nearly three-and-a-half week long trip to and from the East Coast having driven through the "winter blast" that, according to the current weather map at USA Today, seems to have settled in over the northern half of the country.

There were plenty of highlights and a few close calls with wildlife on the road, but it's good to be back home in Bend, Oregon and things should return to normal around here promptly.

Did I miss anything?

4 comments:

Ted S. said...

Welcome back! Must be nice to take a whole month off (yes, I'm very jealous).

Anonymous said...

I visited Bend and hiked Tumalo Falls to Happy Valley, very nice.

- odograph

Tim said...

Yes, that's a pretty spectacular hike early in the summer.

Anonymous said...

I liked it as a test for me, Orange County guy, hiking in the 30's. It was nice, and the log bridge with ice was pleasantly sketchy.

There were a few mountain bikes heading up. I'd like to try that too, but maybe I won't be back in season for that, until next spring.

I might come up again as a ski trip.

- odograph

IMAGE

  © Blogger template Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP