Wikinvest Wire

Greg's new Christmas decorations

Thursday, December 10, 2009

I've seen this picture now about three or four times but just got the description via email a short time ago. Apparently someone named Greg came up with this idea for Christmas decorations outside his house and, below the picture, he describes how it went. Very funny.
IMAGE

Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after 2 days. I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever. Great stories. But two things made me take it down.

First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic accidents as they almost wrecked when they drove by.

Second, a 55 year old lady grabbed the 75 pound ladder almost killed herself putting it against my house and didn't realize it was fake until she climbed to the top (she was not happy). By the way, she was one of many people who attempted to do that. My yard couldn't take it either. I have more than a few tire tracks where people literally drove up my yard."

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim:

This picture is an apt metaphor for the American middle class...over-extended themselves with the decorations trying to keep up with the Jones', spent too much, had an unfortunate mis-step and are now hanging on for dear life.

Best,

Wes

Tim said...

That never occurred to me but it's an excellent point!

staghounds said...

Yes, it's hilarious. And who expected those results?

Maybe next year, he could run the fireplace vent out of a window, so it looks like the house is on fire.

Anonymous said...

Greg better be careful when he's
working on the ladder next time.

Anonymous said...

All I could think of when I saw the pic was "ah, to be 12 again with a BB gun."

IMAGE

  © Blogger template Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP